Canadian Dating: Canadian Singles Find Love on the Web
These days everybody knows someone who’s met their soul mate and fallen in love at an internet dating site. Stroll down the street in any major city — Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnepeg, Ottawa, Quebec City, Montreal and more — and ask people you meet, and you’ll see.
Canadian Dating: Canadian Singles Find Love on the Web
These days everybody knows someone who’s met their soul mate and fallen in love at an internet dating site. Stroll down the street in any major city — Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnepeg, Ottawa, Quebec City, Montreal and more — and ask people you meet, and you’ll see. Singles in Toronto, singles in Montreal, singles in Vancouver, singles in Quebec City, singles in Edmonton, singles in Calgary, singles in Winnepeg, and singles in Ottawa are using online dating and matchmaking sites to meet people and find women and men for friendships, romance, dating, social networking and love. Single dating online is how Canadian singles outside major cities are connecting too. Take a look at one of the larger sites like PlentyOfFish.com or PerfectMatch.com and do a free search for men seeking women or women seeking men, and you’ll find singles in big cities and small towns all over the provinces and territories meeting people online. Singles in Alberta, singles in British Columbia, singles in Manitoba, singles in New Brunswick, singles in Newfoundland, singles in Nova Scotia, singles in Ontario, singles on Prince Edward Island, singles in Quebec, singles in Saskatchewan, singles in the Northwest Territories, singles in Nunavut and singles in the Yukon — everyone‘s doing it. Canadians abroad are even meeting other Canadian singles by simply logging on to their favorite web dating site.
Why is everyone logging on for dating in Canada? Because using relationship sites makes it easy and convenient for Canadian men and Canadian women to find men or find women to date. Most single guys and single girls are busy career professionals with full lives already; they have work, family, friends, sports and other activities taking up most of their time. Online dating sites let single men and single women find singles online on their own time from the convenience of home or office. Internet dating is affordable too. Most dating sites offer free dating to start, letting singles post free personal ads with photos and find women and men with a free search. Only when men and women want to connect through email do online web sites usually ask singles to upgrade to a monthly premium membership at a low cost. And some online personals sites, like PlentyOfFish.com, offer all of their dating services for free. Online dating sites also offer other ways for men to meet women, like chat rooms, instant message chat, video chat, message boards, blogs and offline activities, like singles travel, singles parties and speed dating. Online dating also provides a comfortable way for singles to screen dates and break the ice before they meet in person; not only is this a time-saver, but it’s also a great benefit for guys and girls who are a little shy when it comes to meeting a man or woman for the first time.
According to OnlinePersonalsWatch.com and the “Comscore Internet Dating Official Rankings,” the most popular internet dating sites in Canada are: PlentyofFish.com, LavaLife.com, and Date.ca.
PlentyofFish.com offers dating in the top 50 U.S., Canadian and Australian cities. PlentyofFish, created and founded by Markus Frind in 2003, offers 100% free dating and ‘has changed the face of the online dating industry by showing singles they don’t have to pay for love. Driven almost entirely by word-of-mouth referrals, PlentyofFish has grown to be the #1 dating site in the world, overall: #1 in Canada, #1 in the UK, and the 2nd most popular in the USA. (Rankings available at OnlinePersonalsWatch.com). Every day, more than 500,000 singles choose PlentyofFish.com as their online dating destination.’
Lavalife.com is an online adult dating service and personals similar to adultfrienedfinder app. Lavalife is “one of the world’s largest independent providers of technology-based dating services for singles.” They boast “sexy singles,” “hot dates,” and “more fun.”
Date.ca is “Canada’s premier online personals service.” They have “ thousands of members from all walks of life, backgrounds, professions and ages, who are looking for others to share their experiences with. New singles from across Canada are joining all the time, and many are making connections every day.”
Canadian singles can also use other big dating sites like Match.com, ca.personals.yahoo.com, and PerfectDate.com. They can also go to personals sites geared towards different niche groups or general dating sites that let you search by niche. These sites let you narrow your search to lifestyle, location, ethnicity, cultural group, age group, education level, religion and more. For example, you can go to a niche site or do a specific search to find Black singles in Canada, Asian singles in Canada, Hispanic singles in Canada, Jewish singles in Canada, Christian singles in Canada, senior singles in Canada, singles over 30 and 40, college singles in Canada, gay and lesbian singles in Canada, bisexual singles in Canada, professional singles in Canada, executive singles in Canada, and more. Or you can do a search by location and find Toronto singles, Quebec City singles, Winnepeg singles, Vancouver singles, Edmonton singles, Montreal singles, Calgary singles, Ottawa singles, Mississauga singles, Prince Edward Island singles, Yukon singles, Northwest Territory singles, Nunavut singles and more.
Since most web dating sites offer free dating and search to start, many online daters join a few personals sites at once to increase their chances of meeting their soul mate. In addition to those online dating sites already mentioned, here are a few more to check out:
Canadianfriendsearch.com — “Enjoy free, unlimited contact with other singles near you using 1-on-1 private chat and anonymous emails. View 1000s of sexy picture personals ads daily.”
25dates.com — speed dating in Toronto, Mississauga, Vancouver and Calgary.
Cupid.com/Predating — “the world’s largest speed dating service with monthly events in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnepeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec City, Montreal, and Regina, Canada.”
Canadianpersonals.net– “online Canadian chat rooms and personals for Canadian singles. Online community dedicated to Canadian personals and chat. Includes singles from all regions and provinces of Canada.”
singlescanada.com — “Totally free. Free to join. Free to reply. Formed in 1998 in response to the growing need for a dating service for Canadians. We built a site for Canadians seeking other Canadians in their own city or town.”
Canadiandatingservice.com — ‘For Canadians, by Canadians! Canadian Dating Service is helping Canadian singles meet through online personal ads.’ This is a “Canadian singles dating service for Single Canadians.” They are now affiliated with FriendFinder.com “to serve you better and increase your opportunities at meeting the person you are seeking.”
Cyberdating.ca — ‘Welcome to the Canadian personals at CyberDating, Canada’s largest totally free personals site! CyberDating Canadian personals allows you to not only post your own personal ad, but also to browse our database of Canadian personals and to reply to singles ads without having to give us your personal info.’
ExecutiveCanadianDating.com — a matchmaking site ‘for professional Canadian singles. An exclusive introduction service that caters to professional, educated individuals.’ Use their matchmakers to help you find quality single women and single men.
Netclub.ca — “Meet singles in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, or Ottawa.”
FindSomeone.ca — meet women or meet men in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Winnepeg, Mississauga, Quebec City.
No doubt, online dating has become a preferred activity for Canadian singles. Interested in giving it a go? Here are a few tips to get you started.
Ten Tips to Canadian Dating Online
1. Relax and get ready to have fun while you’re looking for love and romance. Remember, you’re not proposing or buying a wedding dress. Yet. You’re just getting started meeting new singles. And the best way to be yourself and really get to know potential matches is to have fun.
2. Start with an internet personals site that makes you feel comfortable. Browse several dating sites and use the free search feature to determine which site suits you best and which has the most single men or single women that catch your eye.
3. Post an online personal ad on your favorite web dating site right away. The majority of online dating sites let you post a free personal ad and photos, so why not? It’ll allow other local singles to find you right away, and you’ll be ready to go when you find a woman or man that you‘d like to email.
4. Post at least one photo and more if possible. Photos are one of the keys to success when it comes to online dating. In fact, most single women and single men only look for matches among profiles with photos, and if you post at least one photo in your web dating personal ad, you can significantly increase the number of singles that contact you and increase your chances to find love, find romance and even find friends online.
5. Start emailing with the single women or single men that seem interesting. Say hello, introduce yourself, briefly mention something that you like about the person’s personal ad, ask an open-ended question, and you’re on your way.
6. Take your time getting to know singles online. It takes a few emails and a bit of time to get a real feel for someone, so give yourself the time to let relationships develop. If it’s meant to be, it’ll happen in two days or two months anyway.
7. When you make a real connection with someone special, take it offline for a date. After you’ve emailed and talked on the phone with a potential match, it’s time to meet in person to see if the chemistry is real. Plan a short coffee date and meet your date at the designated spot. Again, just remember that you’re on a first date, not walking down the aisle, so the pressure is off and you’re free to just enjoy yourself and meet someone new.
8. Take advantage of other social networking opportunities at internet dating sites. Many online dating sites offer chat rooms, message boards, online games, offline parties, singles travel, e-cards and more to encourage you get to know other singles in a comfortable and fun environment.
9. Join more than one online dating site. Most Canadian dating sites allow you to at least post a free profile and photo, and the more sites you participate in, the more singles you can meet. And you never know just where the love of your life is going to show up.
10. Trust that you’ll find the right person for you and enjoy meeting people in the mean time. You deserve to have nice conversations over coffee or wine. You deserve to have fun movie dates and hold hands with a sweetheart. And you deserve to fall in love! It may take time and patience, but our guess is that it’ll be worth the wait.